New Fantastic Four Trailer out!
WOWZA, The Thing Looks like a big orange TURD. The CGI people on this must have been drunk…
THE FANTASTIC FOUR, a contemporary re-imagining of Marvel’s original and longest-running superhero team, centers on four young outsiders who teleport to an alternate and dangerous universe, which alters their physical form in shocking ways. Their lives irrevocably upended, the team must learn to harness their daunting new abilities and work together to save Earth from a former friend turned enemy.
Fantastic Four opens in U.S. theaters on August 7th, 2015
Fantastic Four (stylized as Fant4stic in promotional material) is an upcoming American superhero film based on the Marvel Comics superhero team of the same name. It is the third theatrical Fantastic Four film to be distributed by 20th Century Fox, and areboot of the Fantastic Four film franchise. Directed by Josh Trank, with a screenplay by Simon Kinberg and Jeremy Slater, from a story conceived by Kinberg and Trank, the film stars Miles Teller, Kate Mara, Michael B. Jordan, Jamie Bell, and Toby Kebbell. InFantastic Four, the team must learn to harness abilities gained from an alternate universe to save Earth from a former friend turned enemy.
In August 2009, the development of the film was announced. In July 2012, Trank was hired to direct and Slater to write the screenplay. In October 2013, Kinberg was hired as a co-writer. By January 2014, Kinberg finished rewriting the script and casting began. Principal photography commenced in May 2014 and concluded in August the same year. The film was shot in Baton Rouge,Louisiana.
Fantastic Four is scheduled for release on August 7, 2015 in North America, in 2D and 3D theaters.
- Teller said of the role, “When I read the script, I didn’t feel like I was reading this larger-than-life, incredible superhero tale. These are all very human people that end up having to become, I guess, what is known as the Fantastic Four. So for me it was just a really good story and gives me an opportunity to play something different from my own skin.”
- Mara said that she was supposed to read the Fantastic Four comic books for preparation. However, director Josh Trank suggested to her that it was unnecessary, with writer Simon Kinberg adding that the film is not based on a single issue of theFantastic Four comic books. Mara has also said that she intended to focus on making her character “as real as possible”.Trank described Storm as “smart, dignified and has integrity.”
- Jordan said of the cast, “We’re more or less a bunch of kids that had an accident and we have disabilities now that we have to cope with, and try to find a life afterwards – try to be as normal as we can.” Jordan previously worked with Trank for 2012’sChronicle and according to Trank, Jordan’s character in Chronicle shared characteristics to Johnny Storm. Trank described Storm as “smart, hilarious and charismatic.”
- Trank said Grimm has a childhood element in the film who was an alienated kid from a “tough” neighborhood. Trank also said that Bell has “qualities” of warmth and strength which people would want to see from Grimm. In preparation for the motion-capture performance, Bell approached actor Andy Serkis for advice.
- An anti-social programmer known as “Doom” online. Kebbell said that while playing the role, he concentrated the most on the voice of the character. He added, “on the animated series, they never got his voice what I imagined it to be when I read the comics as a little boy. What I spent the majority of my time doing was not just being a fan, but being a bit of pedant and making sure I got exactly what I always wanted to see.” Kinberg said that Doom is as central to the film as the “titular” heroes. He added that Doom has “aspirations and struggles that are a little bit more classically tragic than the other characters” and that the film will feature how he becomes a villain.