Suicide Squad – Comic-Con First Look
David Ayer’s SUICIDE SQUAD is in theaters August 5, 2016.
Here it is:
Suicide Squad is an upcoming American superhero film based on the DC Comics supervillain team of the same name. It is intended to be the third installment in the DC Comics’ shared universe films. The film is directed and written by David Ayer, and stars an ensemble cast featuring Will Smith, Jared Leto, Margot Robbie, Joel Kinnaman, Jai Courtney, Cara Delevingne and Viola Davis.
- Will Smith as Deadshot: An expert marksman and assassin.
- Jared Leto as The Joker: A psychopathic supervillain.
- Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn: A crazed supervillain who is in love with the Joker.
- Jai Courtney as Boomerang: An Australian assassin who utilizes deadly boomerangs.
- Cara Delevingne as Enchantress: A powerful sorceress.
- Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje as Killer Croc: A supervillain who suffers from a skin condition that causes him to develop reptilian features.
- Karen Fukuhara as Katana: An expert martial artist and swordswoman.
- Joel Kinnaman as Rick Flag: A military officer. Tom Hardy was previously cast in the role but was forced to drop out due to scheduling conflicts.
- Jay Hernandez as El Diablo
- Adam Beach as Slipknot
- Viola Davis as Amanda Waller
Filming was scheduled to begin in mid-April and end in August 2015, utilizing different locations in and around Toronto, Ontario. On December 1, 2014, The Hollywood Reporter revealed that the Pinewood Toronto Studios had been booked to start the pre-production in February, and that filming would take place from mid-April to September. Filming was intended to commence on April 15, 2015 in Toronto. In February 2015, Ayer tweeted some photos from the set, while they were preparing to start the production. In early-March 2015, Leto tweeted his new look with shaved beard and trimmed locks in preparation for his role. Filming began on April 13, 2015 and will conclude on August 30, 2015. Filming commenced on April 13, 2015. On April 26 and 27, filming is scheduled to take place at the Hy’s Steakhouse. A “snowstorm” scene was filmed on April 29 on the Adelaide St. and in Ching Lane. On May 5, a few major scenes were filmed in downtown Toronto next to Yonge and Dundas square. Street signs were removed for privacy reasons during filming that night. Later in the month, a Batman stunt double was seen on set chasing down the Joker and Harley Quinn in Toronto