The New Marvel: Endgame Trailer Has Landed!
ARE YOU EXCITED YET?
Whatever it takes. Watch the brand-new trailer for Marvel Studios’ Avengers: Endgame. In theaters April 26.
Avengers: Endgame is an upcoming American superhero film based on the Marvel Comics superhero team the Avengers, produced by Marvel Studios and set for distribution by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures. It is the direct sequel to 2018’s Avengers: Infinity War, a sequel to 2012’s Marvel’s The Avengers and 2015’s Avengers: Age of Ultron, and the 22nd film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU). The film is directed by Anthony and Joe Russo with a screenplay by Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely and features an ensemble cast including Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner, Don Cheadle, Paul Rudd, Brie Larson, Karen Gillan, Danai Gurira, Benedict Wong, Bradley Cooper, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Josh Brolin. In the film, the surviving members of the Avengers work to reverse the damage caused by Thanos in Infinity War.
The film was announced in October 2014 as Avengers: Infinity War – Part 2. The Russo brothers came on board to direct in April 2015, and by May, Markus and McFeely signed on to script the film. In July 2016, Marvel removed the title, referring to it simply as Untitled Avengers film. Filming began in August 2017 at Pinewood Atlanta Studios in Fayette County, Georgia, shooting back-to-back with Infinity War, and ended in January 2018. Additional filming took place in the Downtown and Metro Atlanta areas and New York. The finalized title was revealed in December 2018.
- Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark / Iron Man:
The leader and benefactor of the Avengers who is a self-described genius, billionaire, playboy, and philanthropist with electromechanical suits of armor of his own making.
- Chris Evans as Steve Rogers / Captain America:
A fugitive superhero and leader of a faction of Avengers. A World War II veteran, he was enhanced to the peak of human physicality by an experimental serum and frozen in suspended animation before waking up in the modern world. Although the film was beyond Evans’ initial six-film contract with Marvel which would have ended with Avengers: Infinity War, Evans agreed to appear in the film “because it made sense. It’s going to wrap everything up.”
- Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner / Hulk:
An Avenger and a genius scientist who, because of exposure to gamma radiation, transforms into a monster when enraged or agitated. The character concludes a story arc that was established in Thor: Ragnarok and Avengers: Infinity War.
- Chris Hemsworth as Thor:
An Avenger and the king of Asgard, based on the Norse mythological deity of the same name. Thor now wields a mystical axe known as Stormbreaker, after the destruction of his hammer Mjolnir in Thor: Ragnarok.
- Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff / Black Widow: A highly trained spy, a member of Rogers’ faction of Avengers, and a former agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.
- Jeremy Renner as Clint Barton:
A master archer, former Avenger, and agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. Barton has a new outfit in the film, visually similar to that of Ronin from the comics.
- Don Cheadle as James “Rhodey” Rhodes / War Machine: A former officer in the U.S. Air Force and Avenger who operates the War Machine armor.
- Paul Rudd as Scott Lang / Ant-Man: A former petty criminal who acquired a suit that allows him to shrink or grow in scale and increase in strength.
- Brie Larson as Carol Danvers / Captain Marvel:
An ex-U.S. Air Force pilot whose DNA was altered during an accident, which imbues her with the powers of superhuman strength, energy projection and flight. Screenwriter Christopher Markus stated that Danvers’ powers are on a scale that has not previously existed in the MCU and likened her personality to Rogers’, “which is sort of a person who’s right and knows they’re right and doesn’t really want to hear it when you tell them they’re wrong”.
- Karen Gillan as Nebula: An adopted daughter of Thanos who was raised with Gamora as siblings.
- Danai Gurira as Okoye: A Wakandan and traditionalist from the Border Tribe, who is the head of the Dora Milaje, Wakanda’s all-female special forces and T’Challa‘s bodyguards.
- Benedict Wong as Wong: One of the Masters of the Mystic Arts, tasked with protecting some of Kamar-Taj‘s most valuable relics and books.
- Jon Favreau as Harold “Happy” Hogan: The former head of security for Stark Industries and Tony Stark’s driver and bodyguard.
- Bradley Cooper as Rocket:
A member of the Guardians of the Galaxy who is a genetically-engineered raccoon-based bounty hunter and mercenary, and is a master of weapons and battle tactics. Sean Gunn was again the stand-in for Rocket during filming, with his acting and expressions serving as motion reference for the character.
- Gwyneth Paltrow as Virginia “Pepper” Potts: Stark’s fiancée and the CEO of Stark Industries, who will wear a powered exosuit of armor in the film. This will be Paltrow’s final major appearance as Potts in the MCU.
- Josh Brolin as Thanos:
An intergalactic despot from Titan who collected the six Infinity Stones to inflict his will on all of reality. Joe Russo said that after the events of Avengers: Infinity War, “[Thanos has] succeeded in the thing he has set out to do. He’s done. He did it. He’s retired.” In addition to providing the voice for the character, Brolin performed motion capture on set.
Several characters killed during the events of Infinity War have been announced to reprise their roles in Endgame, including Benedict Cumberbatch as Dr. Stephen Strange, Tom Holland as Peter Parker / Spider-Man, Chadwick Boseman as T’Challa / Black Panther, Paul Bettany as Vision, Elizabeth Olsen as Wanda Maximoff / Scarlet Witch, Anthony Mackie as Sam Wilson / Falcon, Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes / Winter Soldier, Tom Hiddleston as Loki, Pom Klementieff as Mantis, Dave Bautista as Drax the Destroyer, Zoe Saldana as Gamora, Chris Pratt as Peter Quill / Star-Lord, and Evangeline Lilly as Hope van Dyne / Wasp.
Additionally, Frank Grillo and Letitia Wright reprise their roles as Brock Rumlow / Crossbones and Shuri from previous MCU films. Hiroyuki Sanada and Katherine Langford have been cast in undisclosed roles. Avengers co-creator Stan Lee has a posthumous cameo in the film.