Will Adam Sandlers “Pixels” be a Box Office Hit or Miss?
The Trailer get a 34 million views even though it has Adam Sandler in it! We smell a number 2 coming up if you know what we mean…
This film borrows heavily from a Futurama episode entitled “Anthology Of Interest II” (Season 4 Episode 3, aired in 2002) where Fry asks a “what-if” machine to show him what life would be like if it was more like a video game. Not only does it show video game characters declaring war on Earth, it also has Fry as the “only hope of humanity” as he comes from a by-gone age.
Pixels is an upcoming 2015 American 3D science fiction action comedy film produced by Columbia Pictures, 1492 Pictures andHappy Madison Productions. The film is directed by Chris Columbus from a screenplay written by Tim Herlihy and Timothy Dowling and a screen story penned by Tim Herlihy and based on Patrick Jean’s 2010 Internet short film of the same name. The film starsAdam Sandler, Kevin James, Josh Gad, Peter Dinklage, Michelle Monaghan, Brian Cox, Ashley Benson and Jane Krakowski.
This summer, it’s game on or game over! When aliens misinterpret video feeds of classic arcade games as a declaration of war, they attack the Earth in the form of the video games. Watch as the arcaders
In 1982, in the hopes of establishing peaceful communication with extraterrestrial life, NASA launches a time capsule into outer space containing images and footage of Earth life and culture. However, aliens misinterpret enclosed video-feeds of classic arcade games as a declaration of war, specifically Pac-Man, with the Earth being him, and the aliens being the ghosts. They attack theEarth using the games as models for their various assaults, including Pac-Man. President William Cooper (Kevin James) calls upon his best friend since childhood, former 1980s arcader champion Sam Brenner (Adam Sandler), who is now a home theater installer and had a previous relationship with William’s wife (Jane Krakowski). After support from Professor Iwatani (Denis Akiyama) to seduce Pac-Man with a pitcher of Kool-Aid turns to him pixelating, Brenner decides to lead a team of retrogamers (Peter Dinklageand Josh Gad) to defeat the aliens with various technology similar to those used in games.
- Adam Sandler as Sam Brenner, a former 1980s video game champion, William’s childhood best friend, and the leader of the team.
- Kevin James as President William Cooper, the President of the United States, Sam’s childhood best friend, and a member of the team.
- Josh Gad as a conspiracy-theory-obsessed, sad-sack genius with really bad social skills and a member of the team. Unlike the rest of the group, he was a kid in the 1980s.
- Peter Dinklage as Sam’s brash former video game-playing nemesis and a member of the team.
- Michelle Monaghan as a unique weapons developer and specialist for the military, a member of the team, and the love interest for Sam.
- Brian Cox as Admiral Porter, a military heavyweight.
- Ashley Benson as Lady Lisa, a beautiful warrior from the fictional 1980s video game Dojo Quest.
- Jane Krakowski as the First Lady, the wife of President Cooper who once dated Sam.
- Sean Bean as Army General.
- Denis Akiyama as Toru Iwatani, the creator of Pac-Man.