Check Out The New Footage From Independence Day: Resurgence “They’re Coming Back”
We always knew they were coming back. After INDEPENDENCE DAY redefined the event movie genre, the next epic chapter delivers global spectacle on an unimaginable scale. Using recovered alien technology, the nations of Earth have collaborated on an immense defense program to protect the planet. But nothing can prepare us for the aliens’ advanced and unprecedented force. Only the ingenuity of a few brave men and women can bring our world back from the brink of extinction.
In Theaters – June 24, 2016
Cast: Liam Hemsworth, Jeff Goldblum, Bill Pullman, Judd Hirsch, Vivica A. Fox, Brent Spiner, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Jessie Usher, Maika Monroe, Sela Ward
Directed by Roland Emmerich
Independence Day: Resurgence is an upcoming 2016 American science fiction disaster film directed by Roland Emmerich, and written by Emmerich, Dean Devlin and Carter Blanchard. It is the sequel to the 1996 film Independence Day. The film stars Jeff Goldblum, Bill Pullman, Judd Hirsch, Vivica A. Fox and Brent Spiner, reprising their original roles, along with newcomers Liam Hemsworth, Jessie Usher, Maika Monroe, Sela Ward, Angelababy, Joey King, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Patrick St. Esprit and William Fichtner. The film is scheduled for a June 24, 2016 release. Filming began on April 20, 2015 and ended on August 22, 2015.
- Jeff Goldblum as David Levinson, a scientist and the Director of Earth Space Defense (ESD)
- Bill Pullman as former President Thomas J. Whitmore, widower of Marilyn Whitmore, Patricia’s father, and a Persian Gulf War veteran.
- Liam Hemsworth as Jake Morrison, a U.S. pilot serving in ESD and Patricia’s love interest. His parents were killed in the first attack. He grew up in an orphanage and later joins the military to become one of the best fighter pilot. Hemsworth watched the original film when he was six years old on VHS.
- Jessie Usher as Dylan Dubrow-Hiller, stepson of the war hero Steven Hiller (Will Smith) and Jasmine Dubrow, and a pilot in ESD.
- Maika Monroe as Patricia Whitmore, the former First Daughter, a pilot in ESD, and Jake’s love interest
- Sela Ward as President Elizabeth Lanford, Thomas J. Whitmore’s latest successor as President of the United States and the first woman in the country’s history to hold the Oval Office. About her character she said, “She’s strong, decisive and not afraid to kick ass!”.
- Judd Hirsch as Julius Levinson, David’s father
- Angelababy as Rain, a female Chinese pilot in ESD
- Joey King as Sam
- Vivica A. Fox as Jasmine Dubrow-Hiller, widow of the former war hero Steven Hiller, and a former stripper who is now working as a hospital administrator.
- Brent Spiner as Dr. Brackish Okun
- Charlotte Gainsbourg as Dr. Catherine Marceaux
- Patrick St. Esprit as Tanner, the U.S. Secretary of Defense
- William Fichtner as General Adams
Chin Han portrays the leader of the Chinese Space Squadron. DeObia Oparei, Gbenga Akinnagbe, Travis Tope, Samantha Logan and Mckenna Grace portray Dikembe, Agent Travis, Charlie, Anissa and Daisy, respectively. Karl Stefanovic makes an appearance as himself, an Australian television reporter.